句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景十九


目 录 上一节 下一节

  会痛 是不是

   You'll feel better tomorrow, Betty, believe me.

  明天 就会好些 Betty 相信我。

   Only one day, and it won't hurt as much.

  只要再一天你就不会像现在这样痛了。

   Do you feel like eating?

  想吃东西吗

   Having some dinner?

  吃点晚餐

  噢 别显得那么无精打采。

   Let me tell you about your dinner.

  我告诉你晚餐是什么。

   It's ice cream.

  是冰淇淋喔。

   Ice cream.

  冰淇淋。

   All kinds of flavors.

  各种口味的都有。

  巧克力的。

   Strawberry?

  草莓的

   Vanilla?

  香草的

   Vanilla, too?

  香草的也要

   I see you're feeling better already, Betty.

  我看得出来你已经感觉好些了 Betty。

  那么 你要吃晚饭喽

   OK, honey, we'll see to it

  好 亲爱的 我们一定设法

   that you have strawberry and vanilla ice cream.

  让你吃到草莓和香草的冰淇淋。

   Just rest now.

  现在好好休息。

   You need some rest to help you get better quickly.

  需要多休息 好让你很快恢复。

  嗨 Frank。

   How you doing?

  你怎么样了

   Oh, come on now.

  噢 别这样了。

   You're a big boy.

  你是个大孩子了。

   It doesn't hurt that much, does it?

  这样没有那么痛 是吗

  啊 我很抱歉 你那么痛

   and you won't be able to have dinner.

  你没有办法吃晚饭了。

   You're just going to have to have ice cream.

  你只好得吃冰淇淋了。

   Yes, ice cream.

  对 冰淇淋。

   Lots of flavors.

  有很多种口味的。

  你想听听吗

   Chocolate?

  巧克力

   Then chocolate it is.

  那就吃巧克力的。

   One scoop or two?

  一杓还是两杓

   Three scoops?

  三杓

  好 就三杓

   You want three scoops also?

  你也要三杓

   Chocolate, too?

  也是巧克力的

   Well, I see you're feeling better.

  嗯 我看得出你感觉好些了。

   Well, at least you're acting like you feel better.

  不过 至少你表现得好像你感觉好多了。

  给Tim的三勺巧克力冰淇淋马上送来。

   Hi, Carl.

  嗨 Carl。

   How you doing?

  你怎么样

   I know it hurts.

  我知道那儿痛。

   But it'll be better tomorrow.

  但是明天就会好多了。

  对了 你想要点什么

   Surprise.

  惊喜。

   A surprise?

  惊喜

   I promised you a surprise, didn't I?

  我答应过要给你一件惊喜 不是吗

   And it wasn't just ice cream, was it?

  这惊喜还不仅是冰淇淋 对吗?

  你明天生日 是吗

   Well, maybe, just maybe,

  嗯 或许 只是或许

   there will be a surprise.

  会有一项让你惊喜的事。

   But first you have to smile.

  但首先你得笑一笑。

   I just want to see one smile from you.

  我就想看你笑一个。

  不笑 就不给你惊喜。

   That's the deal.

  这是交换条件。

   No smile, no surprise.

  不笑 就没有惊喜。

   If you want a surprise,

  如果你想要一项惊喜的事

   then you've got to smile first.

  你就得先笑一笑。

  你们大家怎么样

   Well, I'm glad you're feeling better

  我很高兴各位感觉好些

   because we have a little surprise for you today.

  因为今天我们要给各位一项惊喜。

   It's Carl's birthday,

  今天是Carl的生日

   and we have Popo the Clown to entertain you.

  我们请了小丑Popo来给大家表演助兴。

  这位就是小丑Popo。

   Happy birthday, Carl.

  生日快乐 Carl。

   Happy birthday.

  生日快乐。

   All right, everybody.

  各位 你们好。

   OK, Carl.

  好的 Carl。

  今天是你的生日。

   What 's your wish?

  你有什么愿望

   What would you like?

  你想要什么

   Hmm?

  嗯

   You want to play charades?

  你想玩哑谜

  是谁?

   Dad.

  爸爸。

   Come on in, Dad.

  请进来 爸爸。

   I thought you might be hungry.

  我想你大概饿了。

   I brought you a chicken sandwich and a glass of milk.

  我替你带来一份 肉三明治和一杯牛奶。

  我真是饿了

   Thanks, Dad.

  谢谢 爸爸。

   What time is it, anyway?

  几点了 顺便问一下。

   Ten o'clock.

  十点钟。

   What are you working on?

  你在 什么

  我正在为高中校刊写一篇东西。

   Can't you finish it tomorrow?

  你明天完成它不行吗

   No, I have to turn it in in the morning.

  不行 明天上午我得交出去。

   What's it about?

  是关於什么的

   I'm writing an article on the feelings about graduation.

  我在写一篇关於毕业感想的文章。

  那……你的感觉是什么

   Me?

  我吗

   A little scared.

  有点害怕。

   And excited, too.

  也很兴奋。

   I felt the same way.

  我当时也有这种感受。

  害怕的是要离开家搬到学校去。

   Oh, leaving home is part of growing up.

  呵 离开家是成熟过程的一部分。

   Well, don't work all night.

  好啦 别通宵工作。

   I don't mind.

  我不在乎。

   I enjoy writing.

  我喜欢写作。

  那么

   maybe you should think about becoming a writer.

  也许你应考虑成为一名作家。

   Maybe I should.

  也许我该这样。

   You have lots of time to decide.

  你有很多时间做决定。

   That's the worst part--making decisions.

  最伤脑筋的是要作决定。

  你不会有问题的。

   Good night, Son.

  晚安 孩子。

   Good night, Dad.

  晚安 爸爸。

   "Hail to the victors valiant,

  “向勇敢的胜利者致敬

   Hail to the conquering heroes,

  向进取的英雄们致敬

  致敬 向Michigan致敬

   The champions of the West!"

  西部的优胜者 ”

   Ah, good morning, Robbie.

  啊 早安 Robbie。

   Good morning, Dad.

  早安 爸爸。

   How's my grandson?

  我的孙子怎样啦

  很好 爷爷 很好

   What's all the cheering about?

  这么高兴是为什么

   Did the University of Michigan win another football game?

  是不是Michigan大学又赢得了一场足球赛

   Better than that.

  比那种事更值得高兴。

   Tell him, Philip.

  告诉他 Philip。

  我刚和Charley Rafer通了电话。

   Who's Charley Rafer?

  谁是Charley Rafer

   He's the Dean of Admissions for the University of Michigan.

  他是Michigan大学的新生注册主任。

   And it turns out he's a classmate of Philip's.

  有意思的是 他和Philip是同班同学。

   We were both on the tennis team.

  我们都是网球队的队员。

  真棒

   It is great.

  的确是太好了。

   He's going to be in New York tomorrow

  明天 他要在纽约

   to interview applicants for admission.

  与申请入学者面谈。

   And he's agreed to fit you into his schedule.

  他同意明天把你安排进他的面谈名单 。

  但是 我可能不去Michigan。

   It's one of the best schools in the country, Robbie.

  这是全国最好的大学之一 Robbie。

   I studied medicine there.

  我在那里学医学。

   Your grandfather went to the Engineering School there.

  你爷爷进那个工学院。

   I know that, but ...

  这我知道 但是……

  你说过你希望像爸爸一样成为一名医生。

   Not exactly.

  还不一定。

   You couldn't pick a finer medical school than Michigan.

  你再也找不到一所比Michigan大学更好的医学院了?

   Yes, I know that.

  是的 我知道。

   Let's meet with Charley at the university club.

  我们就去大学俱乐部见见Charley吧。

  明早十点钟。

   It doesn't mean you're going to Michigan.

  这 不是说你就要去Michigan大学。

   It doesn't mean you have to be a doctor.

  这 不意味著你一定要当医生。

   But the interview will be good experience for you.

  但这次面谈对你来说是一次很好的经验。

   In that case, it's OK.

  这么说 我就去。

  爸爸 长大了意味著

   making my own decisions, doesn't it?

  我自己能做决定 对吗

   You're right, Robbie.

  你说得对 Robbie。

   But, like your Grandpa suggested,

  但是 照你爷爷所建议的

   have the interview.

  去参加这次面谈。

  然後你自己做决定。

   That sounds fine.

  这样听起来蛮好的。

   I know it's sudden, Robbie,

  我知道这件事很突然 Robbie。

   but this is an important opportunity.

  但这是一次很重要的机会。

   We'll head down there first thing tomorrow morning.

  明早第一件事就是去那

  好吗

   Sure, Dad.

  一定 爸爸。

   I want you to know something, Son.

  我希望你知道一件事 孩子。

   I'm ... very proud of you.

  我很……以你为荣。

   Thanks, Dad.

  谢谢你 爸爸。

  好啦 我在医院有事。

   I'll see you all at dinnertime.

  吃晚饭时见面了。

   Bye, Dad.

  再见 爸爸。

   Is something still wrong, Robbie?

  还有什么不对的地方吗 Robbie

   I'll be OK.

  没什么。

  第一次离家上大学

   always makes one a little nervous.

  总是让人有些紧张。

   I guess so.

  我猜是这样。

   I'll be OK. I just need time to think.

  我会适应的 我只是需要时间思考。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景十九