句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景二十五


目 录 上一节 下一节

  你好

   Hello.

  哈

   I'm Ralph Riley.

  我叫Ralph Riley。

   I'm Richard Stewart, and this is my wife, Marilyn.

  我叫Richard Stewart 这是我妻子 Marilyn。

   Pleased to meet you.

  很高兴与你见面。

  我们也一样 Riley先生。

   Please, sit down. What can I do for you?

  请坐下。我能为你们做什么呢

   We'd like to discuss a mortgage.

  我们想请教一下贷款的事。

   For a house.

  为了房子。

   Fine. Are you buying a house

  好的。你们是要买房子呢

  还是原有的房子重新申请贷款

   We're planning to buy a house.

  我们计划买一栋房子。

   And we'd like to find out about a mortgage.

  我们想知道如何贷款。

   We are customers of the bank.

  我们是贵行的顾客。

   As a matter of fact, my whole family banks here.

  事实上 我们全家都是贵行的顾客。

  我有一些问题要问。

   Do you own your house or do you rent?

  你们自己有房子还是租房子

   Neither.

  都不是。

   We live with my parents, Dr. and Mrs. Philip Stewart.

  我们和父母住在一起 我父母是Philip Stewart夫妇。

   And how old are you?

  你几岁了

  我二十九岁。

   I'm thirty.

  我三十岁。

   And, Mr. Stewart, what is your occupation?

  那么 Stewart先生 你的职业呢

   I'm a freelance photographer.

  我是自由摄影师。

   And, Mrs. Stewart, are you working?

  嗯 Stewart太太 你有工作吗

  是的 我是位设计师 我在一家服装店工作。

   Did you bring any savings or salary information?

  你是否带来储蓄和薪资的相关资料

   Last year's tax forms?

  譬如去年的纳税申报表格

   Yes. Here they are.

  带来了 在这 。

   OK. What ... what kind of house did you have in mind?

  好的 你们打算买什么样的房子

  我们在商量购买

   a two-bedroom house in Mount Kisco.

  一栋有两间卧室的房子 在Mount Kisco。

   Here are the financial details on the house.

  这是这房子的财务细节。

   Thank you.

  谢谢你。

   Are you prepared to make a ten-percent down payment?

  你打算缴纳10%做为自备款吗

  是的 我们准备如此。

   Payments over thirty years?

  三十年分期付款吗

   Yes.

  是的。

   Do you think we can get a loan?

  你觉得我们能得到贷款吗

   Well, it depends. Do you own any other property?

  嗯 这还要看情 。你们拥有其他什么财产吗

  有股票或债券吗

   No.

  没有。

   I see. Then you don't have any collateral.

  我明白了。那么你们没有任何担保物。

   Perhaps you could get a guarantor--

  也许你可以找一位担保人

   someone to sign for the loan for you.

  找个人为你们的贷款签个名。

  为什么有此必要

   Since you don't have enough income,

  由於你们的收入不够

   and you don't already own any property,

  而你们又没有拥有其他财产

   the bank needs to be sure

  银行需要确定

   you can pay the mortgage every month.

  你们能每月按时付款。

  担保人要对贷款负责

   if you can't make the payments.

  如果你们不能还钱

   I see. Well, the idea of buying a house is exciting.

  我明白了。嗯 买房子的念头叫人兴奋过头。

   Thank you, Mr. Riley. We'll read this over carefully.

  谢谢你 Riley先生。我们会仔细阅读这些。

   Thank you.

  谢谢你们。

  再见。谢谢。

   Good-bye. And hope to see you soon.

  再见。希望很快再见到你们。

   I hope so, too.

  我也希望如此。

   Take care.

  慢走。

   Good-bye.

  再见。

  一切听起来都那么容易。

   until they mentioned needing collateral or a guarantor.

  在他们提到担保物或担保人之前

   We have no collateral.

  我们没有担保物。

   And I don't think it's a good idea

  而且我觉得这不是个好主意

   to ask Dad to sign as a guarantor.

  请爸爸当担保人为我签字。

  我觉得这样不对。

   I understand your feelings about it, Richard.

  我了解你对这种事的心情 Richard。

   Now, tell me, what's the problem?

  啊 告诉我 有什么问题

   We can get a loan from the bank

  我们能够从银行得到贷款。

   if we can put up some collateral.

  如果我们能提供担保物的话

  可是我们没有任何可以做担保物的东西。

   Or someone can sign with us as a guarantor.

  或者有人能当担保人帮我们签字。

   Why don't you speak to Dad?

  你们为什么不跟爸爸说说看

   No. If we buy a house, I want to be able to handle it alone.

  不 如果我们买房子 我希望能够自行负责。

   Everybody needs help sometimes, Richard.

  每个人都有需要帮助的时候 Richard。

  我了解Richard对此的感受 Ellen。

   In two or three months, I'll have an advance on my book

  两到三个月後 我能得到我那本书的预付款

   and be able to put more money down.

  也就可以增加自备款的额度。

   What about the house in Mount Kisco?

  在Mount Kisco的房子呢

   Somebody else'll buy it by then.

  别人也许买走了。

  还会有别的房子 Marilyn。

   Richard has a point. You're just beginning to look. Richard

  说得对。你们只是开始看房子而已。

   We're in no great rush. It's true.

  我们 不很急 这是真的。

   This has been a great learning experience for us, Marilyn.

  这对我们是一次很好的学习经验 Marilyn。

   Talking to the real-estate agent.

  与房地产仲介商谈

  看房子

   Talking to the loan officer at the bank.

  与银行的贷款负责人谈。

   It has been a learning experience. That's true.

  这真是一次学习经验 真的。

   I think you're doing the right thing. Taking your time.

  我觉得你们做得对。慢慢来

   Looking around. Especially with a purchase of this kind.

  到处看看 特别是这一类买卖。

  

   You're talking about a lot of money.

  你们谈的可是一大笔钱。

   We'll call Mrs. Martinelli and tell her to keep looking for us.

  我们会打电话给Martinelli太太告诉她继续帮我们物色房子?

   And I'll call Mr. Riley at the bank

  我打电话到银行给Riley先生

   and tell him we'll see him in a couple of months.

  告诉他过几个月我们再去找他。

  如果你们的确需要我和爸爸的帮助的话 ……

   We know.

  我们知道。

   You know we'll be there for you.

  你们知道我们是会伸出援手的。

   It's a Stewart tradition. We're a family.

  这是Stewart家的传统。我们是一家人。

   Is that you, Susan?

  是 吗 Susan

  是我 爷爷。

   Am I glad to see you!

  我看到 真的很高兴

   And am I glad to see you!

  我看见你才高兴呢

   I am also glad to be here.

  我很高兴来这 。

   How are things?

  近 如何

  我一直在与一群推销人员谈话

   since ten this morning,

  从今天上午十点起

   and I'm real exhausted.

  我实在是精疲力竭了。

   Well, you look good.

  嗯 看起来蛮好的。

   What's Harry doing tonight? Harry

  今晚做什么

  他和 Michelle

   are visiting relatives in New Jersey today.

  今天去 New Jersey拜访亲戚去了。

   The rest of our family went to the movies.

  我们家 其馀的人都去看电影了。

   So it's just you and me, Susan.

  所以 这 只有 和我 Susan。

   It's nice to be alone with you, Grandpa.

  很高兴单独与你在一起 爷爷。

  我们在一起的时间太少了。

   Oh, I feel the same way, Susan.

  噢 我也有同样的感受 Susan。

   I miss seeing you.

  我很想见到 。

   But to tell the truth,

  但是 老实说

   next time

  下一次

  我想到城 看

   instead of you coming here.

  而不是你到这儿来

   You don't need to do that, Grandpa.

  你不用这样 爷爷。

   Yeah, I do.

  不 我要这样。

   I need to get out more.

  我需要多出门去。

  我的意思是

   there's a lot to do around the house,

  这屋里有很多事可做

   and I love being here with the family,

  而我也喜欢和家人在一起。

   you know,

  知道的

   but I'm restless.

  但我闲不住。

  自从我退休以後

   I've got extra time on my hands.

  我有过多空闲时间。

   I understand, Grandpa.

  我能体会 爷爷。

   I think you do.

  我想 能体会。

   Frankly,

  坦白地说

  我想多用用我的脑子。

   Grandpa,

  爷爷

   you have so much energy and so many years of experience.

  你精力这么好 又有这么多年的经验。

   There are probably a lot of places for you to work

  也许有很多地方可以让你去工作。

   Particularly in the construction field.

  特别是在营造界。

  但是 像我这般年纪

   I'm not looking for a full-time job.

  我不会去找一个上全天班的工作。

   I'm retired.

  我退休了。

   But I'm bored.

  但我感到无聊。

   Well, there must be something.

  嗯 一定可以找到事做。

  也许我能帮忙。

   Let's go into the kitchen,

  我们到厨房去

   and maybe you can help me set the table.

  也许你能帮我摆桌子。

   Sounds good to me.

  我来。

   What are we having?

  我们吃些什么

  我准备了羊肉

   mashed potatoes, and a tossed green salad to begin with.

  马铃薯泥 还有蔬菜沙拉当头道菜。

   Grandpa, you are a terrific guy!

  爷爷 你真了不起

   You're still thinking about something to do, aren't you?

  你还在想要找点事做 是吗

   A job of some kind.

  找点工作。

  是的。

   I've been thinking about it for weeks now.

  为这事我想了几个星期。

   There must be some way to put my mind to good use.

  总会有办法让我发挥才智。

   We'll find a solution.

  我们会找到解决的办法。

   A positive solution

  一个好法子

  能够让你施展你的学识。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景二十五