句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景四十五


目 录 上一节 下一节

  我喜欢我的学校。我现在有那么多好朋友在那 。

   I wouldn't miss a day even if I were really sick.

  即使我真的病了也不想错过一天。

   Come and sit down for a minute, Michelle.

  过来坐一会儿 Michelle。

   I'd like to talk to you about something.

  我想跟 谈一件事。

   Something important.

  一件重要的事。

  有什么问题吗 Susan

   Oh, there's nothing wrong, Michelle.

  噢 没什么 Michelle。

   But your daddy and I are talking about something

  但 爸爸和我正在讨论一件事

   that I'd like your opinion about.

  我需要 的意见。

   I know. I heard you talking about it

  我知道。我听到 们谈论的那件事了

  也就是我试新衣服的那天晚上。

   It's about moving to Los Angeles.

  是关於搬家到Los Angeles的事。

   You're right. How do you feel about it?

  说对了。 觉得怎么样

   Well, I really wouldn't want to move, but ...

  噢 我实在不愿意搬家 但是……

   But?

  但是什么

  但是假如 和爸爸想搬的话

   I guess you know what's best for the family and for me.

  我猜想你们一定知道怎样做对整个家庭和我是最有利的。

   That's very considerate of you, Michelle.

  真会体谅别人 Michelle。

   But what about your friends?

  但 的朋友怎么办

   I'd miss them a lot,

  我会非常想念他们的

  但我知道想念一个人是什么样的滋味。

   Honey, we don't have to move

  亲爱的 我们将不搬家

   if you're not going to be happy about it.

  假如 会因为这种事而不快乐的话。

   Does Daddy want to move?

  爸爸想要搬吗

   I think so. He's going to tell us tonight about the job offer.

  我想是这样。他今天晚上会告诉我们关於那份工作的事。

  喂 今天各位过得怎么样

   Michelle was chosen to do Michelle

  被挑选去 作

   the school poster for the play this year.

  今年学校话剧的海报。

   Congratulations, Michelle! That's something!

  恭喜 Michelle 太好了

   And how was your day, Susan?

  那 今天过得怎么样 Susan

  我看你心情很好。

   Why don't you tell us about your day.

  何不告诉我们你这一天过得如何

   I met with Bill York.

  我与Bill York会面了。

   It's OK to talk about it, Harry.

  这件事可以摊开来谈 Harry。

   Michelle knows all about it. Michelle

  已经全知道了。

  真的

   Really, Harry.

  真的 Harry。

   Michelle and I have all kinds of feelings Michelle

  和我感觉很 杂

   about leaving New York, the family, and friends.

  对於离开纽约 家人 朋友。

   But if you think you should take the job, we're behind you.

  但如果你认为你应该接受这份工作 我们支持你。

  那Michelle的学校怎么办

   We'll move after the school term.

  我们等这学期结束後再搬。

   What about her new friends?

  那她的新朋友呢

   I'll make new friends wherever we are as long as we're together.

  只要我们能在一起 无论在哪儿我都能交到新朋友。

   We're a family, Harry.

  我们是一家人 Harry。

  你认为对你是好的对我们来说也是好的。

   I am so touched. The two of you are really something.

  我太感动了。 们俩个真是了不起。

   We love you, Daddy.

  我们爱你 爸爸。

   And I love you.

  我也爱 们。

   OK. Now, tell us about your talk with Mr. York.

  好啦 现在告诉我们你跟York先生的谈话吧。

  你接受了那份工作吗

   Nope.

  没有。

   What?

  什么

   No? You didn't take it?

  没有 你没有接受

   No, I did not take the job.

  对 我没有接受那份工作。

  但是 爸爸 我想……

   Harry, you didn't turn it down because of me ... Harry

  你拒绝它该不是因为我……

   Or me?

  或者我

   No, no. I turned it down because of me.

  不 不。我因为我自己而拒绝了它。

   How's that?

  这是怎么一回事

  噢 我开始想到 和Michelle

   and then I asked myself,

  然後我问自己

   do I really want to work for the biggest company in the country?

  我真的想替全国最大的公司工作吗

   And?

  结果呢

   And I don't.

  我 不想这样。

  我当初自己开业

   because I like being my own boss.

  是因为我喜欢自己当老板。

   I run my own company. I'm a big fish in a little pond.

  我经营自己的公司。我是一条小池 的大鱼。

   I'm not really sure I want to be a little fish in a big pond.

  我不是真的很确定我想成为一条大池 的小鱼。

   Oh, Daddy, does that mean we don't have to move?

  噢 爸爸 你的意思是我们不必搬家了

  是的 宝贝。

   Are you sure?

  你确定

   I couldn't be more sure, Susan.

  我再确定不过了 Susan。

   I'm glad if you are, Harry.

  假如你很确定 我就高兴 Harry。

   And besides,

  更何

  我怎么能住在Los Angeles

   when all my favorite people live here?

  而所有我喜欢的人都在这

   Your favorite people?

  你喜欢的人

   Who's that?

  谁呀

   The Stewart family, of course.

  当然是Stewart一家人。

  摇呀摇 小宝宝 在树梢

   When the wind blows,

  风儿轻轻吹

   The cradle will rock.

  摇篮跟著晃。

   When the bough breaks,

  树枝若折断

   The cradle will fall,

  摇篮会掉落

  宝宝跌下来

   Cradle and all."

  摇篮一道摔。”

   Hi, Marilyn,

  嗨 Marilyn。

   What are you doing?

  在做什么

   Just sketching.

  只是画些草图。

  我对於我们的职责想了很多

   in the past few weeks.

  在最近几个星期。

   I never stop thinking about them.

  我一直在思考这些问题 从未间断。

   I've been wrestling

  我一直左思右想

   with the question of whether I go back to work or not.

  为我是否回去工作这个问题。

  这一下我明白了。

   And I'm torn.

  但我不知如何取 。

   I really want to go back to work,

  我真的想回去工作

   use my talents,

  发挥我的才智

   and pursue my career in fashion design

  追求我在时装设计方面的事业

  就像我们一向认定的那样。

   But now ...

  但是现在……

   I want to be with Max as a full-time mother,

  我又想和Max在一起 做个全职的母亲

   especially when he's a baby.

  特别是 他还是个婴儿的时候。

   I really understand, Marilyn.

  我真的能理解 Marilyn。

  但 根本不用担心Max。

   There's Mother and Grandpa ...

  有妈妈和祖父呢……

   and I can always arrange my photo schedule

  而且我也能随时安排我的摄影工作

   around your schedule,

  配合 的时间表

   if that will help.

  假如那样有所帮助的话。

  那是不一样的 Richard。

   Have you discussed going back to work with your boss?

  已跟 的老板讨论过回去工作的事吗

   Rita Mae called yesterday. Rita Mae

  昨天打电话来了。

   Ah! That's what's got you thinking, isn't it?

  噢 就是那通电话使 开始思量起来的 是吗

   She wants to know

  她想知道

  我打算什么时候回去时装店工作。

   And you said ... ?

  那 怎么说的

   I said I'd give her an answer in a few days ...

  我说这几天给她回答……

   that I wasn't sure.

  我说我不能确定。

   I'm sure Rita Mae will understand

  我相信Rita Mae会理解的

  而且会等 准备好了才回去工作。

   Well, maybe she will, and maybe she won't.

  嗯 也许她会 也许她不会。

   Who knows?

  谁知道

   If I don't accept her offer,

  假如我不接受她这个工作机会

   maybe she'll find someone else in the meantime,

  她也许会在这段时间找别的人。

  而当我准备好要回去时

   there won't be a job for me.

  已经没有空缺了。

   That's something to consider.

  这是需要考虑的一点。

   You've got yourself to think about, too.

  也得为自己著想。

   But I am thinking about myself.

  但我就是在为自己著想呀。

  你不知道吗

   What do you mean?

  是什么意思

   It's not just the job.

  不只是那项工作而已。

   It's also my career as Max's mother.

  当Max的母亲也是我的事业。

   That's the way I look at it.

  我就是这么看这件事的。

  我同时有两个事业机会。

   My career as a fashion designer

  时装设计事业

   and my career as a mother.

  和担任Max母亲的事业。

   I never really thought about being a mother as a career.

  我真的从来没有想到做母亲还是一种事业。

   I guess you do have two career opportunities

  我想 的确是有两个事业机会

  而且必须做一个抉择。

   I hear Max.

  我听到Max哭了。

   I'll go to him.

  我去。

   No, that's OK.

  不 没关 。

   I'll do it.

  我去。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景四十五