句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景五十一


目 录 上一节 下一节

  来点音乐怎么样

   No, let's wait till Robbie gets back from the airport.

  不要。我们等Robbie从机场回来吧。

   Did she say why she had to leave today?

  她说了她为什么今天非走不可吗

   She told Robbie that her flight tomorrow was canceled,

  她告诉Robbie说 她明天的班机取消了

   so she had to take an earlier flight today.

  所以她不得不在今天搭早一班的班机。

  真是太糟了。

   Well, that must be him.

  噢 一定是他。

   Why is he blowing his horn like that?

  为什么他这样子按喇叭

   I don't know.

  我不知道。

   Maybe he's angry.

  也许他在生气。

  你觉得我们应当取掉这些装饰品吗

   They'll just make him sad.

  那些只会让他悲伤。

   Too late now.

  现在太迟了。

   We should have done it sooner.

  我们早就该取下来的。

   Oh, here he comes.

  噢 他来了。

  嗨

   How'd it go?

  怎么样啦

   OK, I guess.

  我想还好吧。

   Especially when Alexandra gave me a surprise ...

  特别是Alexandra给了我一个惊喜……

   Yeah? What was it?

  是吗 是什么惊喜

  这个

   Alexandra! Alexandra

  

   Hi! What happened?

  嗨 怎么回事

   I called my parents from the airport.

  我从机场打电话给我父母。

   When I told them

  当我告诉他们

  我的朋友们为我举办了一个派对时

   they insisted that I stay.

  他们坚持要我留下来。

   So now I'm taking a flight on Monday instead.

  所以我现在要改搭星期一的班机走。

   That's great! Terrific!

  那太好了 太棒了

   But how did you know the party was for you?

  但是 怎么知道派对是为 举办的呢

  嗯 当Robbie送给我这个的时候 他告诉了我。

   Oh, it's so pretty!

  噢 它好漂亮

   It's lovely, Robbie.

  它非常可爱 Robbie。

   All right!

  好啦

   Now we can really start the party!

  现在我们可以真正开始舞会了

  不。你们不介意吧

   I'd like to say something first.

  我想先说几句话。

   Hear, hear!

  我们洗耳恭听

   I would just like to thank all of you,

  我只是想谢谢你们大家

   my friends,

  我的朋友们。

  是你们使得我在美国的生活如此多采多姿。

   And to Robbie and the Stewart family

  且感谢Robbie和Stewart全家

   for opening their home to me.

  为我敞开大门。

   We should thank you.

  我们应当感谢 。

   You're a real friend!

  是个真正的朋友

  我也有一个小小的惊喜给你 Robbie。

   A little going-away present.

  一个小小的临别礼物。

   Thank you.

  谢谢 。

   Open it, please.

  请打开看看。

   I think you might be amused.

  我想你可能会觉得有趣。

  好的。我简直无法相信

   I guess we were thinking the same thought.

  我想我们的心意相同。

   You had it engraved!

  在上面刻了字

   Read it, Robbie.

  读出来 Robbie。

   "In friendship, always. Alexandra."

  “友情永不渝 Alexandra。”

  我知道我们心意相同

   but this is too much!

  但是这太令人难以置信了

   Thank you.

  谢谢 。

   All right!

  好了

   Let's have some music!

  我们来点音乐吧

  小姐

   Mr. Stewart ... Stewart

  先生……

   Mrs. Stewart, may I have this dance? Stewart

  太太 我可以请 跳这支舞吗

   My pleasure, Doctor.

  非常荣幸 医生。

   Hot dogs. I love hot dogs.

  热狗。我喜欢热狗。

  在美国没有比热狗更好的东西了。

   Hot dogs and mustard.

  热狗和芥末。

   Cooked outdoors over an open fire.

  在户外的火堆上烤。

   I wish I had one now.

  我真希望现在就来一个。

   Do you remember when Daddy and I used to take you

  你还记得爸爸和我常带你

  去Jones海滨的事吗

   Oh, I sure do.

  哦 我当然记得。

   We'd wait until dark and make a fire,

  我们等到天黑就升火

   and we'd cook the hot dogs.

  然後烤热狗。

   Oh, don't forget the mustard.

  噢 不要忘了芥末。

  噢 有人要蕃茄酱吗

   I might as well take it along.

  我还是一道带著。

   And now to make sure we've got the hamburger patties.

  再来 务必要带汉堡碎肉饼。

   I have to remember to put them in the bag

  我必须记得将它们放进袋

   tomorrow morning before we leave.

  在明天早上临走之前。

  我会提醒你的 Richard。

   Mom,

  妈

   we really appreciate your taking care of Max for the weekend

  我们真心感谢 在 末照顾Max

   and giving up your free time.

  放 的 暇时间。

   I love doing it.

  我爱这样做。

  和Harry在城 给Michelle找到一位临时保姆

   and I'm taking care of Max.

  我就来照顾Max。

   It's no big deal.

  这没有什么。

   I am happy to do it for you.

  我很高兴为你们做这件事。

   I guess Max is asleep by now.

  我想Max现在已经睡觉了。

  他不再哭了。

   Oh, poor baby.

  噢 可怜的小宝贝。

   He's teething.

  他正在长牙齿。

   Well, he's asleep--finally.

  好了 他终於睡著了。

   I feel so bad for him.

  我为他难过。

  小孩子长第一颗牙齿时好痛哟。

   He'll be fine, Marilyn.

  他不会有事的 Marilyn。

   Well, he wakes up several times during the night,

  噢 他一夜醒了好几次

   and the pain is so bad.

  疼得很厉害。

   I'm really concerned about going away for the weekend, Ellen,

  我这个 末出门实在放心不下 Ellen

  还要把照顾Max的全部责任留给 。

   Especially with his teething.

  特别是他现在开始长牙。

   I wish he felt better.

  我真希望他现在好一点。

   Please don't worry, Marilyn.

  请别担心 Marilyn。

   Remember your father-in-law's a pediatrician.

  记住 公公是小儿科医师。

  假如我遇到不能解决的问题 我们还有位驻家医生。

   I agree, Marilyn.

  我同意 Marilyn。

   We really don't have to be overly concerned.

  我们真的不需要过分担心。

   I'll go upstairs and stay with him until he falls asleep again.

  我上楼去陪他 直到他又睡著。

   Thanks, Richard.

  谢谢 Richard。

  试试让他趴著睡在你大腿上。

   He likes that.

  他喜欢那样。

   I'll try it.

  我试试吧。

   When are Susan and Harry picking you up, Marilyn? Susan

  和Harry什么时候来接你们 Marilyn

   They're coming by at six tomorrow morning,

  他们明天早晨六点钟过来

  这样我们可以早点出发。

   That's nice.

  很好。

   And you'll have a full day in the country.

  你们就可以在乡下待一整天啦。

   And a full night.

  还有一整夜。

   Tomorrow night we'll be camping out in tents.

  明天晚上我们将露宿在帐蓬 。

  星期日回来是吗

   We'll be heading back late in the afternoon.

  我们会在黄昏时打道回府。

   You're going to have the time of your lives.

  你们将会玩得非常痛快。

   Camping out is such great fun.

  露营是件非常好玩的事。

   We'll have a great time camping out, I'm sure.

  我确定我们会在露营时玩得很开心。

  但我还是有点牵 著 Ellen。

   It will be my great pleasure, Marilyn.

  我也会很愉快的 Marilyn。

   Remember, it's only one night.

  记住 只不过一个晚上。

   He's asleep.

  他睡著了。

   I think he'll sleep through the night now.

  我想他现在会睡到天亮。

  谢谢 亲爱的。

   I hope he's good when we're away.

  我希望我们不在时 他很乖。

   Well, so do I.

  嗯 我也希望如此。

   Now, to check the list of things we need for the camping trip.

  现在 让我们检查一下露营旅行所需物品的清单吧。

   We need to bring a flashlight.

  我们需要带一个手电筒。

  在右边的抽屉 就在开瓶器旁边。

   Do we have a bottle opener on the list, Marilyn?

  清单上有开瓶器吗 Marilyn

   No. No bottle opener.

  没有 没有开瓶器。

   Is that one of the things Susan and Harry are bringing?

  那是不是属於Susan和Harry要带的

   No.

  不是。

  我们还要带蕃茄酱 芥末 调味酱 诸如此类的东西

   And cooking utensils.

  还有厨具。

   Well, here's the bottle opener, and here's the flashlight.

  哦 这是开瓶器 这是手电筒。

   Matches.

  火柴。

   Matches?

  火柴

  是的 当然。

   For when we build our campfire.

  用来生营火的。

   I can't build a fire by rubbing two pieces of wood together.

  我总不能靠著磨擦两片木柴来取火吧。

   And don't forget your camera and film, Richard.

  别忘了你的照相机和底片 Richard。

   All packed and ready.

  都打包好了。

  还别忘了带上我们的卡式录音机和一些录音带。

   Some music tapes and some blank tapes

  带一些音乐带和一些空白带

   so that we can record our thoughts about the trip.

  以便我们能录下旅行中的感想。

   Oh, that's a nice idea.

  噢 这是个好主意。

   An audio diary.

  来一段录音日记。

  我就是这么想的。

   Got it!

  找到了

   The cassette player and the tapes.

  卡式录音机和录音带。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景五十一