剧本·飘(随风而逝)剧本 - Chapter 4 scarlett's second contact with butler 第四章 思嘉再遇白瑞德


目 录 上一节 下一节

  (查尔斯在前线阵亡,但思嘉毫无哀意。她穿着黑衣和媚兰一起参加募捐聚会。)

   Dr. Meade: ladies and gentlemen. I have important news, glorious news. Another triumph for our magnificent men in arms. General lee has completely whipped the enemy and swept the yankee army northward from virginia! And now, a happy surprise for all of us! We have with us tonight that most daring of all blockade runners, whose fleet "schooners slipping past the yankee guns have brought us here the very woolens and laces we wear tonight. I refer, ladies and gentlemen, to that ^will o'the wisp of the bounding main, none other than our friend from charleston, captain rhett butler!

  米德医生(简称"米"):女士们,先生们。我有一个重要的消息,光荣的消息。我们的军队又取得一次胜利。李将军狠狠教训了敌人,把敌军全部赶回弗吉尼亚以北。现在,给大家一个惊喜。今天晚上,我们有一位最勇敢的勇士,他的帆船突破了所有的防线,躲过了北佬的炮林弹雨,给我们带来了今晚大家所穿的衣物。我向大家介绍这位来自查尔斯顿的希望的使者,我们无人可比的朋友,瑞德·巴特勒上尉。

   Melanie: captain butler, such a pleasure to see you again. I met you last at my husband's home.

  媚兰:巴特勒上尉,很高兴又见到你,上次我在我丈夫家中见过您。

   Rhett: that's kind of you to remember, mrs. Wilkes.

  瑞德:威尔克斯太太,谢谢您还记得我。

   Melanie: did you meet captain butler at twelve oaks, scarlett?

  媚兰:思嘉,你在十二橡树见过巴特勒上尉没有?

  思嘉:我想见过吧。

   Rhett: only for a moment, mrs. Hamilton, it was in the library. You, uh, had broken something.

  瑞德:只是一会儿,汉密尔顿太太,是在图书室里,你,你当时打碎了什么东西。

   Scarlett: yes, captain butler, i remember you.

  思嘉:是的,巴特勒上尉,我记得您。

   Man: ladies, the confederacy asks for your jewelry on behalf of our noble cause.

  男人:女士们,联合政府希望各位为我们神圣的事业捐些首

    Scarlett: we aren't wearing any, we're in mourning.

  思嘉:我们没戴,我们在服丧。

  瑞德:等一下,这是为威尔克斯太太和汉密尔顿太太捐的。

   Man: thank you, captain butler.

  男人:谢谢,巴特勒上尉。

   Melanie: just a moment, please.

  媚兰:请稍等一下。

   Man: but, it's your wedding ring, ma'am.

  男人:但这是您的结婚戒指。

   Melanie: it may help my husband more, off my finger.

  媚兰:脱下这戒指可能会给我丈夫更多的帮助。

  男人:谢谢。

   Rhett: it was a very beautiful thing to do, mrs. Wilkes.

  瑞德:威尔克斯太太。您做的真好。

   Scarlett: here, you can have mine, too. For the cause.

  思嘉:喂,还有我的,为了我们的事业。

   Rhett: and you mrs. Hamilton. I know just how much that means to you.

  瑞德:啊,汉密尔顿太太,我知道那戒指对您的意义有多大。

   Man: melanie.-.i need your approval as a member of the committee with something we want to do, that's rather shocking. Will you excuse us, please?

  男:媚兰,你是盟会一员,我们需要您的同意。我们有点让人惊奇的事,失陪一下可以吗?

  瑞德:我想说一点,这战争塑造了最特别的寡妇。

   Scarlett: i wish you'd go away. If you'd had any raising, you'd know i never want to see you again.

  思嘉:请走开,你若有一点教养就该知道,我不想见到你。

   Rhett: now, why be silly? You've no reason for hating me. I'll carry your guilty secret to my grave.

  瑞德:怎么这么傻,你没理由恨我.我永远为你保守你罪恶的秘密。

   Scarlett: oh, i guess i'd be very unpatriotic to hate one of the great heroes of the war. I do declare, i was surprised that you'd turned out to be such a noble character.

  思嘉:我想,恨这次战争中一个伟大的英雄应该是不爱国的表现。我得说看到你摇身一变,成了个尊贵的角色,很让我惊奇。

   Rhett: i can't bear to take advantage of your little girl's ideas, miss o'hara. I am neither noble nor heroic.

  瑞德:我实在不敢骗你,奥哈拉小姐。我既不尊贵,也不是英雄。

  思嘉:但是你突破了防线。

   Rhett: for profit. And profit only

  瑞德:为了钱,仅此而已。

   Scarlett: are you trying to tell me you don't believe in the cause?

  思嘉:你是说你根本不信这场事业。

   Rhett: i believe in rhett butler. He's the only cause i know. The rest doesn't mean much to me.

  瑞德:我只信瑞德·巴特勒。他是我唯一知道的事业,其它的对我都没意义。

   Dr. Meade: and now, ladies and gentlemen. I have a startling surprise for the benefit of the hospital. Gentlemen, if you wish to lead the opening real with the lady of your choice, you must bid for her.

  米:女士们,先生们。为了医院的福利,我有一个让人惊异的建议。先生们,如果你想和你心目中的小姐跳第一支舞,你就要为她竞价。

  女士:卡罗琳·米德,你怎么可以让你丈夫这样做,这是拍卖奴隶。

   Caroline meade: darling merry weather, how dare you criticize me? Melanie wilkes told the doctor that if it's for the benefit of the cause, it's quite all right.

  卡罗琳:亲爱的玛丽韦瑟,你怎么能批评我呢?媚兰·威尔克斯告诉医生,如果是为了我们的事业,这没什么。

   Woman: she did?

  女士:她这么说?

   Aunt pitty: oh dear, oh dear, where are my smelling salts? I

  

   Think i shall faint. Caroline

  贝蒂姨妈:天啊,天啊,我的噢盐呢?我要晕了。

  卡罗琳:莉莉·贝斯汉密尔顿,你不能晕,媚兰说可以,那就可以。

   Dr. Meade: come gentlemen, do i hear your bids? Make your offers! Don't be ^bashful, gentlemen!

  米:先生们,叫价吧。不要尴尬。先生们。

   Man1: twenty dollars! Twenty dollars for miss maybelle merryweather.

  男1:20美元。20美元为麦伯利玛丽韦瑟小姐。

   Man2: twenty five dollars for miss fanny ossing!

  男2:25美元。为芬尼·奥辛。

   Dr. Meade: only twenty five dollars to give.

  米:只肯给25美元。

  瑞德:150美元,用金币。

   Dr. Meade: for what lady, sir?

  米:为哪位女士,先生?

   Rhett: for mrs. Charles hamilton.

  瑞德:为查尔斯汉密尔顿太太。

   Dr. Meade: for whom, sir?

  米:为谁?先生?

   Rhett: mrs. Charles hamilton.

  瑞德:查尔斯·汉密尔顿太太

  米:汉密尔顿太太正在服丧,巴特勒上尉,我想我们亚特兰大的美女都乐意……

   Rhett: but talk to me. I said mrs. Charles hamilton.

  瑞德:米德医生,我是说查尔斯汉密尔顿太太。

   Dr. Meade: she will not consider it, sir.

  米:先生,她不会同意的。

   (Flame in scarlett's eyes.)

  (思嘉双眼放光。)·

   Scarlett: oh, yes, i will.

  思嘉:噢,不,我同意。

  (思嘉挤过人群,走向瑞德。俩人跳舞。)

   Rhett: we've sort of shocked the confederacy, scarlett.

  瑞德:我们让那些联合政府的人大吃一惊了,思嘉。

   Scarlett: it's a little like blockade running, isn't it?

  思嘉:这有点象作突破防线,是吗?

   Rhett: it's worse. But i expect a very fancy profit out of it.

  瑞德:也许更糟,但我想从中得到更可观的收益。

   Scarlett: i don't care what you expect or what they think, i'm gonna dance and dance. Tonight i wouldn't mind dancing with abe lincoln himself.

  思嘉:我不管你想得到什么,或者他们怎么想,我要跳舞,跳舞。今晚就是和亚伯拉罕·林肯跳也不要紧。

  (汉密尔顿家。瑞德拜访思嘉,并带来一项巴黎的帽子。)

   Scarlett: oh, oh, oh the darling thing. Oh, rhett, it's lovely, lovely! You didn't really bring it all the way from paris just for me!

  思嘉:噢,真漂亮,瑞德,太漂亮了,太漂亮了。你不会是真的为我专程从巴黎带来的吧!

   Rhett: yes. I thought it was about time i got you out of that fake mourning. Next trip i'll bring you some green silk for a ""frock to match it.

  瑞德:是这样的,我想应该是我帮你走出这个虚假的服丧期的时候了。下次我给你带些丝质绿色礼服来衬它。

   Scarlett: oh, rhett!

  思嘉:唤,瑞德!

   Rhett: it's my duty to blade boys at the front, to keep our girls at home looking pretty.

  瑞德:让后方的女孩漂漂亮亮,以保持我们前方小伙子们的斗志,这是我的责任。

  思嘉:我很久没有新东西了。

   (scarlett tries the bonnet on. Then she diverts it,considering this is the right way.)

  (思嘉将帽子戴上,又将前后颠倒过来,觉得这样戴才对。)

   Scarlett: how do i look?

  思嘉:我怎么样?

   Rhett: awful, just awful.

  瑞德:难看,真难看。

   Scarlett: why, what's the matter?

  思嘉:怎么了?

  瑞德:连你这样的女孩也不知道这种最流行的款式怎么戴了。这样的话这战争可就不太好玩了。

   Scarlett: oh, rhett, let me do it. But rhett, i don't know how i'd dare wear it.

  思嘉:瑞德.让我来。不过,瑞德,我不知道怎么才有胆量戴它出去。

   Rhett: you will, though. And another thing. Those pantalets. I don't know a woman in paris wears pantalets anymore.

  瑞德:总之你会戴的,还有,那种里面的长裤。我不知道巴黎的女人还穿不穿。

   Scarlett: what do they... You shouldn't talk about such things.

  思嘉:那她们穿……噢,你不该讲这些。

   Rhett: you little "hypocrite, you don't mind my knowing about them, just my talking about them.

  瑞德:你真虚伪。你不管我该不该知道,只在乎该不该我谈不谈这些。

  思嘉:瑞德,我不能接受这么漂亮的礼物。我知道你是很好心!"

   Rhett: i'm not kind, i'm just tempting you. I never give anything without expecting something in return. I always get paid.

  瑞德:我不好心,我不过在勾引你。我做什么事都只不过是要回报。我总要得到报酬。

   Scarlett: if you think i'll marry you just to pay for the bonnet, i won't.

  思嘉:别妄想用一顶帽子,我就会嫁给你。

   Rhett: don't flatter yourself, i'm not a marrying man.

  瑞德:别自我陶醉,我不是一个要结婚的男人。

   Scarlett: well, i won't kiss you for it, either.

  思嘉:那么,也别想让我吻你。

  瑞德:睁开眼,望着我。不,我想我不会吻你,虽然你很需要。你坏在没有一个经验丰富的人常常吻你。

   Scarlett: and i suppose that you think that you are the proper person.

  思嘉:恐怕你以为自己正是这么一个人呢。

   Rhett: i might be, if the right moment ever came.

  瑞德:我可能是,如果机缘凑巧。

   Scarlett: you're a conceited, black- hearted varmint, rhett butler, and i don't know why i let you come and see me.

  思嘉:你这个又自负又黑心的家伙。瑞德·巴特勒,我不知怎么会让你这种人来看我。

   Rhett: i'll tell you why, scarlett. Because i'm the only man over sixteen and under sixty who's around to show you a good time. But cheer up, the war can't last much longer.

  瑞德:我告诉你为什么,思嘉。因为我是你身边唯-一个十六岁以上六十岁以下.可以让你开心的男人。振作点吧.战争快结束了。

  思嘉:真的,瑞德,为什么?

   Rhett: there's a little battle going on right now that 3_i _ 5. Hypocrite: n. ?9^. 56 ought to pretty well fix things. One way or the other.

  瑞德:现在有一场决定成败的仗正打着呢,胜负未定。

   Scarlett: oh, rhett, is ashley in it?

  思嘉:噢,瑞德,希礼在里面吗?

   Rhett: so you still haven't gotten the wooden headed mr. Wilkes out of your mind? Yes, i suppose he's in it.

  瑞德:你还没忘那个木头脑袋的威尔克斯先生啊,我想他在里面。

   Scarlett: oh, tell me, rhett, where is it?

  思嘉:瑞德,告诉我在哪儿?

  瑞德:宾夕法尼亚州一个小镇里,叫什么葛底斯堡。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


剧本·飘(随风而逝)剧本 - Chapter 4 scarlett's second contact with butler 第四章 思嘉再遇白瑞德