剧本·西雅图不眠夜 - Chapter three 'the different christmas 第三章 不一样的圣诞节


目 录 上一节 下一节

  

   Fancy party.)

  (在新年前夕。沃尔特与安妮正在舞会上跳舞。)

   Walter: you know, i'm thinking. I've got to go to boston for the ^aab convention, right? And then i've got to visit winstoi'rhugh&s about twitching over our tomputers.why don't we meet in new york for valentine's day weekend?

  沃尔特:知道吗,我正行考虑。我要到波士顿开飞机事鼓委员会的会议,对吧?再到温斯顿休斯公司换一下电脑。情人节周末我们纽约见好吗?

   Annie: walter! I'd love to!

  安妮:沃尔特,太好了!

   Walter: hmmm? We could stay at the plaza.

  沃尔特:我们住广场大酒店。

  安妮:到中央公园溜冰。

   Walter: register.

  沃尔特:逛街。

   Annie: register?

  安妮:逛街?

   Walter: for dishes, glasses, silverware, everything. How about it?

  沃尔特:买碟子、酒杯和银器,还有好多东西,怎么样?

   Annie: i'll take you to chinatown for ^dim sum.

  安妮:我带你到唐人街饮茶。

  沃尔特:里面有麦片吗?

   Walter (singing): dim sum, dim sum...

  沃尔特:(唱)饮茶,饮茶…

   (the people begin to countdown to midnight begins.)

  (众人开始为子夜的到来而倒计时。)

   All: 10, 9, 8,7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, i! Aahl.

  众:10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1!噢!

   (sam is watching the countdown on tv and jonah is fast asleep on the couch.)

  (此时,萨姆也在收看的电视节目也在倒记时,乔纳已在沙发上熟睡。)

  

   Ok. Go!

  萨姆:嘿,乔纳,醒醒,醒醒!小伙子,球掉下来了。好吧,咱们走!

   (sam picks him up and takes him to bed.)

  (萨姆将乔纳抱到床上去。)

   Jonah: happy new year.

  乔纳:新年快乐。

   Sam: happy new year. (kisses jonah.)

  萨姆:新车快乐。(亲了亲乔纳一

  乔纳(将玩具熊举起):亲亲霍华德。

   Sam: goodnight howard. (kisses teddy bear.)

  萨姆:晚安,霍华德。(亲了来玩具熊。)

   Sometimes i wonder how i spend the lonely nightsdreaming of a song. The melody haunts my ^revelry and i am once again with you when our love was new and each kiss an inspiration. But that was long ago now my consolation is in the stardust of a -song. Beside a garden wall

  有时我任想怎样打发这孤独的夜晚,梦中有一支歌。悦耳的音调在我耳边回响,于是我又回到了你身边, 当我们的爱重新来过,每个吻都令我激动不已。但那已成往事,如令我在歌曲的幻章中寻来安慰。在花园的园墙旁

   When stars are bright you are in my arms. The nightingale tells his fairytale a paradise where roses bloom though i dream in vain in my heart it will remain my stardust melody of love's ^refrain.

  当星星闪烁,你就在我的怀中。夜莺告诉我们它的传说,一个玫瑰盛开的天堂,尽管我徒劳无益地梦想,它仍将留在我心中,我爱之歌的幻音。

   (in tv, people are merrying new year with the fireworks. Sam goes inside from his deck and lies on the couch, enmanshed in the recall of the past. In a trance, maggie seems to come back to him.)

  (电视里,烟花烂漫;人们都在欢庆新年。萨姆从甲板上走进屋里,躺在沙发上;沉浸在对往事的追忆中。恍忽中,玛姬似乎回到了他的身边。)

  玛姬:我可以喝一半你的香槟吗?

   Sam: sure, go ahead.

  萨姆:当然,喝吧。

   Maggie: what did i used to say? Here's looking at you? Here's mud in your eye?

  玛姬:我通常是怎么说的?看看你而你的眼光迷离。

   Sam: "here's to us." you used to say "here's to us." oh, baby, i miss you so much it hurts.

  萨姆:"敬我们。”你以前总是说"敬我们”、噢,宝贝,我想你想到心痛。

   (the next day, sam goes to the site of a house he is remodeling. When he gets there, two of his coworkers, bob and jay, are waiting for him with his demanding client, claire.)

  (次日,萨姆来到他将重建的房子,他的两名同事鲍勃.杰伊和雇主克莱尔已在等他。)

  鲍勃:我们现在怎么办?

   Jay: we'll tell him when he gets here.

  杰伊:等他来了告诉他。

   Bob: you want to tell him?

  鲍勃:你要告诉他吗?

   Jay: i'll tell him.

  杰伊:我要告诉他。

   Bob:-1 -don't -want-to tel-1 hirn-;

  鲍勃:我可不想告诉他。

  (萨姆走进来。)

   Bob: he's here.

  鲍勃:他来了。

   Jay: she's back. She's got another idea.

  杰伊:她又回来了,她又有新意见。

   Sam: no, no, no. I'm fine.

  萨姆:不不不,我很好。

   Claire: sam.

  克莱尔:萨姆。

  萨姆:克莱尔,你好啊。

   Claire: i'm so glad you're here. I heard you on the radio. I told everyone about it.

  克莱尔:更高兴能在这儿遇见你。我听到你上电台了,我告诉了所有的人。

   Jay: oh, we already knew.

  杰伊:噢,我们已经知道了。

   Sam: how did you...

  萨姆:你们怎么……

   Bob: grace.

  鲍勃:格蕾丝说的。

  萨姆:那个大嘴巴?那么全西雅图都知道了。

   Claire: i was brushing my teeth and suddenly there you were! I just couldn't believe my ears. I called my mother in las vegas. I said, "mother! Turn on the radio. That's my architect!" you know it is so nice when a man can express his feelings.

  克莱尔:当时我正在刷牙,突然就出现了你的声音!我真不敢相信我的耳朵。我马上给拉斯维加斯的妈妈打电话,我说,'妈!开收音机,那是我的建筑师!’要知道,男人肯流露 真情真是太感人了。

   Bob: it's wonderful.

  鲍勃:好极了。

   Sam: yeah.

  萨姆:没错。

   Jay: i wish i could express my feelings.

  杰伊:我希望我也能真情流露。

  萨姆:那么克莱尔,你有什么问题?

   Claire: i was just "tossing and turning last night. You know what that's like, sam. Because i realized i'm never going to fit my platters in that refrigerator we ordered and when i give parties, i always put in "'platters. So, i thought i would get the sub-zero refrigerator instead and the only problem...

  克莱尔:我昨晚上翻来覆去睡不着,你知道那滋味,萨姆。因为我意识到我们定购的冰箱里放不下盘子。在家举行宴会时,我总是以盘子待客。于是我就想,我得把这个零度以下的冰箱换掉,然后唯一的问题就是…

   Men: is to redo all the cabinets.

  众:而有的橱柜都要重造。

   Sam: we'll be into this wall.

  萨姆:得嵌进壁里。

   Jay: that a bearing wall.

  杰伊:那是主墙。

  萨姆:克莱尔,这将使工期延迟

   Bob: 2, 3...

  鲍勃:2,3……

   Sam: 5, 6...

  萨姆:5,6……

   Jay:12 weeks.

  杰伊:12周。

   Claire: i don't mind. The important thing is to get it right.

  克莱尔:我不在乎,最重要的是要做好。

  萨姆:当然。

   Claire: your words. Well, i've got to rush. "'la decorateur calls. Bye.

  克莱尔:是你说的。我得快点了,我和设计师还有约。再见!

   Men: bye.

  众:再见!

   Jay: well, this is fate. She's divorced, we don't want to redo the cabinets, and you need a wife. What do they call that when everything intersects?

  杰伊:这是命运的安排。她离婚了,找们并不想重做这些橱柜;还有你需要个妻子。倒霉事撞成一团怎么形容?

   Sam: the bermuda triangle.

  萨姆:百慕大三角。

  (当天晚些时候,雷雨中萨姆回到家,发现乔纳和邮差正在门阶上摆弄一大袋信。)

   Mailman: and here's another one. You got room for one more here? Here you go. All right, there?

  邮差:这里又有一袋。有地方放吗?拿好了。行了,搬得动吗?

   Jonah: look at this, dad, they're all for you.

  乔纳:爸,你看,全是你的。

   Mailman: yes sir. Here you go.

  邮差:是啊先生。这些请拿好。

   Sam (reading): sleepless in seattle care of dr. Marsha fieldstone.

  萨姆(读信址):玛莎菲尔斯通医生转交西雅图失眠人收。

  邮差:如果你睡不着;你可以试试喝水。

   Jonah: i thought that was for "'hiccups.

  乔纳:那是治打嗝的。

   Mailman: does it work for hiccups?

  邮差:那是治打嗝的吗?

   Jonah: for hiccups, take a spoonful of sugar and hold it in your mouth for a minute.

  乔纳:要治打嗝,含一匙糖在嘴里,一分钟就可以了。

   Mailman: really?

  邮差:真的?

  萨姆:谢谢。

   (inside.)

  (在屋内。)

   Sam: what possessed you to give them our address?

  萨姆:你干吗把地址告诉电台?

   Jonah: they called and asked for it. (reading the letter.) "dear sleepless in seattle, you are the most attractive man i ever laid ears on." (casting off the letter.) Bipppt!

  乔纳:他们打电话来问的。(读信)"亲爱的西雅图失眠人,你是我听过的最吸引人的男人。”(将信一仍。)噗!

   Sam: wait wait wait! They called? How did they get our number? Oh let me guess - you gave it to them.

  萨姆:等等,等等,等等!他们们电话来?他们怎么会知道电话号码的?啊,让我来请猜-一是你给他们的。

  乔纳:不得不给,否则不能上节目。(读另外一封信)"亲爱的西雅图失眠人,我住托沙…”托沙在哪儿?

   Sam: it's in oklahoma. Do you know where oklahoma is?

  萨姆:奥克拉荷马州。你知道奥克拉荷马州在哪儿吗?

   Jonah: somewhere in the middle.

  乔纳:中部的某个地方。

   Sam: i'm not even going to think about what they're not teaching you in school. Not gonna think about it. (take a glance at the wall cap.) Yeah, somewhere in the middle. And, generally speaking, i think we should rule out anyone that doesn't live near here.

  萨姆:我甚至想都不用想他们在学校都教了你些什么。想都不用想。(看一眼墙上的地图)没错,是在中部。总的来说,我认为我们得把不住附近的人都排除掉。

   Jonah: she's willing to fly anywhere.

  乔纳:她愿意搭飞机采。

  萨姆(着相片):她像我小学三年级的老师,我讨厌我小学三年级的老师。且慢,她真的是我的小学三年级的老师!

   Jonah: aren't you going to read any of these?

  乔纳:这些信你都不看吗?

   Sam: no, because this is not how it's done. I much rather just see somebody i like and get a feeling about them. And ask them if they want to have a drink or...

  萨姆:不看,事情可不是这么办的。我宁愿看到我想见的人,感觉一下。如果她们愿意的话,请她们喝一杯,或

   Jonah: or a slice of pizza?

  乔纳:或吃片比萨薄饼?

   Sam: not dinner. Not necessarily on the first date because half-way through dinner, you could be really sorry you asked them to dinner. Well, if it's just a drink, if you like them, you can always ask them to dinner, but if not, you can just say, well, that was great. And then you go home. See what i mean? I wonder if it still works this way.

  萨姆:不吃晚饭。第一次约会没必要晚饭。吃到一半时你也许会后悔不迭、怎么会请她们吃晚饭。但是,喝饮料的话,喜欢她们就请她们吃饭,否则你就可以说很不错,然后拍拍屁股走人;懂吗?我在想不知这种方式现在是否还流行。

  乔纳:不流行了。现在是她们追你。

   Sam: i'm starting to notice that.

  萨姆:我也开始意识到了。

   (later, father and son are brushing their teeth.)

  (晚上,父子俩在刷牙。)

   Jonah: if you get a new wife, i guess you'll have sex with her, huh?

  乔纳:如果你要要新太太,就得和她有性关系,对吧?

   Sam: i certainly hope so.

  萨姆:我当然这样想。

  乔纳:她会抓你的背吗?

   Sam: what?!

  萨姆:什么?!

   Jonah: in movies, women are always scratching up the men's back and screaming and stuff when they're having sex.

  乔纳:电影里他们发生性关系时;女人都抓男人的脊尖叫什么的。

   Sam: how do you know this?

  萨姆:你怎么知道的?

   Jonah: jed's got cable.

  乔纳:杰德家装了有线电视。

  萨姆:哦 ,是吗。把毛巾递给我。谢谢。

   Jonah: i need it too.

  乔纳:我也要用。

   Sam: let me get you. Jed's got cable! Come on!

  萨姆:我帮你擦。杰德家装了有线电视!过来!

   Jonah: ah! Makin ^'whoopee another bride, another groom, another sunny honeymoon, another season, another reason for makin whoppie.

  乔纳:噢!让我们狂欢,另一个新娘,另一个新郎,另一个甜美的蜜月酿,另一个季节,另一个狂欢的原因。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


剧本·西雅图不眠夜 - Chapter three 'the different christmas 第三章 不一样的圣诞节