剧本·西雅图不眠夜 - Chapter four just a little disturbed 第四章 有一点动心


目 录 上一节 下一节

  在凌晨数小时内,当午后的天空阳光正烈,你总能找到一些事做。但从黄昏到黎明,当时钟滴答走,你四周会发生一些事情。在凌晨数小时内,当整个世界都在熟睡;你躺在床上醒着,空虚感阵阵袭来,干万.千万不要去想着数绵羊。

   (in baltimore, annie fails to fall aleep. She gets up and goes to the kitchen to listen to the radio. There are review of dr. Marsha fieldstone's programme)

  (晚上,安妮无法入睡。她起床来到厨房;打开收音机,此时播放的是玛莎菲尔斯通医生的节目回顾。)

   Mc: welcome back to the best of dr. Marsha fieldstone, "clinical psychologist and the friend you've never had. Remember ^marooned in miami?

  主持人:欢迎收听玛还菲尔斯通医生精彩节目展播,她是您所未见过的朋友和临床心理学家。还记得迈阿密伤心人吗?

   Marooned in miami: he says he doesn't love me anymore.

  迈阿密伤心人:他说他不再爱我。

   Marsha: why would you want to be with someone who doesn't love you?

  玛莎:为什么留恋一个不爱你的人。

  主持人:丹佛失望着。

   Disappointed in denver: every time i come close to ^orgasm, he goes to make himself a sandwich.

  丹佛失望者:每次我快到高潮时他就起身去做给自己做一份三明治。

   Marsha: why don't you make him a sandwich beforehand?

  主持人:你为什么不事先替他把三明治做好呢?

   Mc: sleepless in seattle.

  主持人:西雅图失眠人。

   Sam: well, i'm going to get out of bed every morning, breathirin"andout'all day long. Then, after a while, i won't have to remind myself to get out of bed in the morning and breathe in and out. And, then, after a while, i won't have to think about how i had it great and perfect for a while.

  萨姆:我打算每天清晨起床,整天呼吸,然后过不久,我就不必提醒自己清早起床、呼吸。然后过不久,我就不会常常想起我曾经一度拥有的幸福。

  玛莎:萨姆,告诉我你妻子到底有什么特别之处?

   Sam: well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny, little things that when you add them all up it just meant that we were supposed to be together. And i knew it. I knew it the very first time i touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home i'd ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and i knew it. It was like...magic.

  萨姆:你的节目有多长?许许多多的小事情串在一起,可显示我们是前生注定。我一早就知道。第一次触摸她时我就肯定。就像是回家,却是前所未知的家。当我牵她的手扶她下车时,我就知道,就像是……魔力。

   (annie is crying.)

  (此时的安妮已是泪流满面。)

   (the next day annie goes to her brother dennis' office and wants to have a talk with him.)

  (第二天,安妮来到哥哥丹尼斯的办公室,向他倾诉苦恼。)

   Annie: well i think i'm going crazy, dennis. I really do. Are you happily married?

  安妮:丹尼斯,我快疯了。是真的!你婚姻幸福吗?

  丹尼斯:什么?

   Annie: i mean, why did you get married? Was it all "trumpets and fireworks and...

  安妮:我是说,你为什么结婚?结婚是不是就是音乐、烟花和……

   Dennis: i got married because betsy said we had to break up or get married. So we got married.

  丹尼斯:贝丝说不结唱就分手,所以我们就结婚了。

   Annie: but when you first met her. Did you believe that she was the only person for you, that in some ^mystical, ^cosmic way it was fated?

  安妮:但当你第一次遇见她时;你是否相信她就是你唯一想等的人?从直觉上感到像是命中注定要结合。

   Dennis: annie, when you're attracted to someone it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously. So what we think of as fate, is just two ^neuroses knowing they're a perfect match.

  丹尼斯:安妮;当你被某一个人吸引时那只是意味着你俩在潜意识里相互吸引。因此;所谓命运,就好比是两个疯子认为他们是天造一对地设一双。

  安妮(坐在钢琴上):我甚至根本不认识他。我对一个住在西雅图的陌生人产生了这么多幻想。

   Dennis: it rains 9 months of the year in seattle.

  丹尼斯:西雅图一零下九个月雨。

   Annie: i know, i know! I do not want to move to seattle! But what i really don't want to do is end up always wondering what might have happened and knowing i could have some something. What do you think? It's just ""cold feet, isn't it? Everybody panics before they get married, i mean, didn't you?

  安妮:我知道,我知道!我不想搬去西雅图!但我更不愿做的是,我不想总是猜测会发生什么事而为此事抱憾终生。你说呢?这只是一种怯懦,是吗?我是说,每个人婚前都会紧张。你呢?

   Dennis: yes, i did.

  丹尼斯:是的我也是。

   Annie: yes, you did. Thank you very much, dennis. I feel so much better just having blown this off.

  安妮:是的;你也是。不感谢你了丹尼斯。说出来我舒服多了。

  丹尼斯:随时乐意洗耳恭听。

   (annie opens the door and gets to leave.)

  (安妮开门离去。)

   (in seattle, sam and his friend jay are on their way to lunch. Jay is catching sam up on the modem "'etiquette of dating.)

  (西雅图,萨姆和朋友杰伊准备在外共进晚餐。杰伊正在做萨姆赶上时髦的约会礼仪。)

   Jay: sandy has a girlfriend, glenda. She's a weight lifter. It's not like her neck is bigger than her head.

  杰伊:桑迪有个友朋友格伦达,是个练举重的,脖子不比头粗。

   Sam: oh no, no, no, no, no. I'm not asking you to set me up. That's, that's the wonder. I don't need your help with that. I just want to know what it's like, you know, out there.

  萨姆:噢,不不不不不。我不是要你替我做媒。我只是,我只是有些迷惑。我并不需要你帮我这个,你知道;我只是想弄清楚情况。

  杰伊:那正是我想告诉你的。女人想要的是什么,有胸肌和屁股迷人的男人。

   Sam: what you mean, like "he has the cutest butt?"

  萨姆:你的意思景,屁股最迷人的人?

   Jay: yeah.

  杰伊:没错。

   Sam: where did i hear that recently?

  萨姆:最近我是在哪儿听到过这句话?

   Jay: everywhere. And you can, you can't even turn on the news nowadays without hearing about how some "'babe thought some guy's butt was cute. Who the first woman to say this was, i don't know. But somehow it caught on.

  杰伊:到处都在说。你能,甚至你听新闻的时候也能听到一些姑娘在谈话某某人的屁股很迷人。第一个这样说的女人是谁,我不知道。但不知道什么原因却很流行。

  萨姆:那么我的屁股怎么样?

   Jay (lifts sam's clothes and have a look at his hip.): not bad.

  杰伊(将萨姆的衣摆掀起看了看,):还不错。

   Sam: really?

  萨姆:真的?

   Jay: yeah.

  杰伊:没错。

   Sam: is it cute?

  萨姆:迷人吗?

  杰伊:哦,我不知道。以曲线来评分吗?

   (inside the restaurant.)

  (在餐馆内。)

   Jay: when's the last time you were out there?

  杰伊:你最后一次约会是在什么时候?

   Sam: jimmy carter. 1978.

  萨姆:1978年 吉米卡特总统时代。

   Jay: things are a little different now. First you have to be friends, you have to like each other. Then you "'neck. This could go on for years. Then you have tests. Then you get to do it with a condom. The good news is you split the check.

  杰伊:现在的恋爱方式有些不同。首先你们先成为朋友,彼此喜欢。然后接吻,这个阶段可以维持好几年。再接着是验血。戴避孕套。好消息是花费可以平分。

  萨姆:我可不能让生人出钱吃晚饭。

   Jay: great! They'll fall in line, you're on! You'll be man of

  

   The year in seattle magazine. ^'tiramisu.

  杰伊:太伟大了!她们会排队和你约会,你会遭嫉妒的,你会是《西雅图杂志》本年度的风云人物。千层糕。

   Sam: what is tiramisu?

  萨姆:什么是千层糕?

   Jay: you'll find out.

  杰伊:到时候便会知道。

  萨姆:到底是什么?

   Jay: you'll see.

  杰伊:你会知道。

   Sam: some woman is going to want me to do it to her and i won't know what it is.

  萨姆:如果对方要跟我发生性关系而我更不愿意该怎么办。

   Jay: you'll love it.

  杰伊:你会喜欢的。

   Sam: oh, this is going to be tough. Tough, tough! This is going to be much tougher than i thought it would be.

  萨姆:噢,这真是难难难!比我想象中的难多了。

  杰伊:贝内特家的那个设计师怎么样?

   Sam: victoria?

  萨姆:维多利亚?

   Jay: yeah, she's "'perky.

  杰伊:对,她挺活泼的。

   Sam: oh, no, i don't... I'm far away from that! I'm not someone she knows. How'm i gonna do that?

  萨姆:噢,不,我不……我远远没做好准备!她还不认识我。我怎么开口?

   Jay: why? Oh, no. What do you mean, how do you do it? You call her up. You say, "come on, let's get together, we'll look at ^'swatches."

  杰伊:为什么?噢,不。你是说,怎么开口?打电话给她,就说"来吧,我们一块儿看看样本。”

  萨姆:给她打电话说,过来看样本?

   Jay: yeah, you know, color schemes.

  杰伊:对,你知道的;色图。

   Sam: she's not gonna see right through that?

  萨姆:她不会看穿我?

   Jay: you don't do it like i do it. You do it in your own "wave way. Think cary grant.

  杰伊:你别照我的话念。要温柔一点。想想加利格兰特。

   Sam: cary grant would call up and say "come over and look at my swatches"? He didn't...

  萨姆:加利格兰特会打电话说"过来看我的样本”?

  杰伊:想想加利格兰特。你好……你怎么知道?也许他做了。我知道他没在电影里这样演出来罢了。

   Sam: "gunga din?" it didn't call "gunga din?"

  萨姆:《英雄泪》?是不是电影《英雄泪》?

   Jay: no, "gunga din" is not a swatch kinda movie. Who knows what he did in real life.

  杰伊:不《英雄泪》不是爱情电影。但也许他在真实生活里说过。

   Sam: oh, but he did that with diane cannon?

  萨姆:噢,地跟黛安娜坎农说过?

   Jay: oh, yeah, sure. (as cary grant) "hello diane, take a look at these swatches."

  杰伊:对,没错。(装作加利格兰特)'你好黛安娜来看看这些样本。’

  (在雨中萨姆回到家里。)

   Sam: jonah! I'm home! Hey jonah! Jonah! Hey jonah! Hey jonah!

  萨姆:乔纳,我回来了!嗨,乔纳!乔纳!嗨!乔纳!嗨乔纳!

   (sam opens the door of jonah's room. Jonah and his friend jessica sit in a large chair with a big back, they turn to face sanrtogether')

  (萨姆打开乔纳的房门,乔纳和他的朋友杰西卡坐在一张大圈椅中,两人合力将椅子转过来。)

   Jonah: hi dad. This is jessica.

  乔纳:你好,爸。这是杰西卡。

   Sam: hello, it's nice to meet you, jessica.

  萨姆:你好杰西卡见到你很高兴。

  乔纳:爸,真是太奇怪了。她把这个倒着放时,就成了"保罗死了”。

   Sam: yeah, yeah. I know.

  萨姆:对对,我知道。

   Jonah: how do you know? Dad, could you shut the door?

  乔纳:你怎么知道?爸 ,把门关上好吗?

   Sam: sure. Sure.

  萨姆:当然当然。

   Jessica: h and g. Hi and goodbye.

  杰西卡:h和g。你好和再见。

  (萨姆把门关上想了一会儿,又轻轻地把门打开。然后他决定打电话约会维多利亚。)

   Back in the saddle again ,i'm back in the saddle again. Out where a friend is a friend. Where the longhom cattle feed on the lowly "'gypsum weed, back in the saddle again. Ridin the range once more. Totin my old 44.where you sleep out every night and the whole wide world is right, back in the saddle again.

  我又骑上了马。外面的世界朋友就是朋友。那里长角午,吃着断壁残垣间长出的野草,我又骑上了。又骑上了马。拉着我的老马。你每夜睡在外面,整个世界都如此自在,我又骑上了马。

   Sam (on phone): victoria? This is sam baldwin. I don't know if you remember me but...oh, well, great. Hi. Uh, i uh was wondering if you'd like to have a drink with me. Dinner? Dinner would be even better. Oh, friday would be great. Yeah, yeah. How...i, i hear that's a good place. Uh, how...7:30 would be fine, and i'll uh, i'll like a...ok. I'll meet you there. Ok, all right. Umm, so it's uh, it's friday at the 7:30 for dinner? Great! Me too. Bye!

  萨姆(打电话):维多利亚吗?我是萨姆鲍德温。我不知道你是否还记得我,但是……噢,太好了。你好,呢,我在想,你是否愿意和我喝一杯?晚餐?晚餐更好。噢,星期五很好。对,对。我怎么……听说那地方不错。呃,那我怎么七点半可以,我会呃,我会……好。那我们在那里见。好,行。噢,那么我们决定的是,是星期五七点半吃晚饭?好极了。我也是,再见。

   (at the same time, annie is typing a letter to sam while beside becky is watching the old romance movie "an affair to remember" on tv.)

  (与此同时,安妮正在给萨姆打一封信,贝琪在一边看电视里正在播放的一部爱情老片《金玉盟》。)

   Hero: are you in love with him?

  男主角:你爱他吗?

  女主角:现在不爱了。

   Annie: those were the days when people knew how to be in love.

  安妮:那时的人才懂得爱。

   Becky: you're a "'basket case.

  贝琪:你真是疯了!

   Annie: they knew it. Time, distanc, nothing could separate them cause they knew it was right, it was real, it was...

  安妮:他们才会懂。时间和距离没有什么能使他们分离,因为他们知道这是对的,是真实的,是……

   Becky: a movie! That's your problem. You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie. Read it to me.

  贝琪:电影!你的毛病就出在这儿。你并不想恋爱。你就想在电影中恋爱。把信念给我听。

  安妮(读信):亲爱的失眠人父子我从没写过这种信。我……

   Becky: that's what everyone writes at the beginnings of letters to strangers.

  贝琪:每个人写给陌生入的开头都这样。

   Annie: i know that. You think i don't know that?

  安妮:我知道;你以为我不知道?

   Becky: what about walter?

  贝琪:那沃尔特怎么办?

   Annie: oh, walter! Oh, i would give anything to marry walter. He's so unexpected. You think you can tell what he's like by just looking at him but you can't. I should write something in this about magic.

  安妮:噢,沃尔特!,我愿意舍弃一切来嫁给沃尔特。他是个意外。你以为可以从他的外表来了解他;其实不行。我得写点关于魔力的事。

  贝琪:什么?

   Annie: something. What if i never meet him! What if this man is my destiny and i never meet him.

  安妮:一些事情。如果我从来没遇见过他!如果我命中注定属于他却无缘遇见。

   Becky: your destiny can be your doom. Look at me and rick.

  贝琪:命运也许会成厄运。就像我和里克。

   Annie (typing): i want to meet you...

  安妮(打字):我想见你们……

   Hero: how about the top of the empire state building?

  男主角:在帝国大厦顶楼怎么样?

  贝琪:在帝国大厦顶楼。

   Heroine: oh yes, that's perfect.

  男主角:噢,好的,太棒了。

   Becky: sunset, valentine's day.

  贝琪:情人节日落时。

   Annie: i'll be in new york with walter. I can squeeze it in. I'll be in new york with walter!

  安妮:那时我和沃尔特会在纽约,可以挤出一点时间。我将和沃尔特在纽约!

   (annie crumples the letter into a ball.)

  (安妮将信揉成一团。)

  贝琪:你知道什么叫命运吗?如果我没嫁给马丁,就不会买有棵枯树的房子,就因为它,我离婚了。就因为离婚,我撞了车并在买脖撑的时候遇上里克。

   Annie: wait a minute. You never told me you got a divorce because of a dead tree.

  安妮:等等,你从没告诉我是枯树害你离的婚。

   Becky: the tree man.

  贝琪:是园丁。

   Annie: you fell in love with the tree man?

  安妮:你爱上园丁了吗?

   Becky: i did not say love. Did i say love? (about movie) this is my favorite part.

  贝琪:我没说爱,我说过吗?(看着屏幕)我最爱看这段。

  男王角:要么现在,要么永不。

   Heroine: never is a frightening word.

  女主角:"永不”是个可怕的字眼。

   Hero: we'd be fools to let happiness pass us by.

  男王角:如果让幸福错过,我们就是傻子。

   Heroine: winter must be cold for those with no warm

  

   Memories. We've already missed the spring.

  女主角:没有温暖回忆的冬季变冷呀!我们已错过春天。

  男主角:是啊。

   Becky: i never get this movie.

  贝琪:我从没看懂这部电影。

   Annie : i know.

  安妮:我知道。

   (the two are wiping their tears.)

  (两人拭泪。)

   (at night, jonah makes a nightmaire. He is frightened to cry for mom in the dream.)

  (晚上,乔纳做恶梦。在梦中,他吓得不停地呼唤妈妈。)

  乔纳:妈妈!妈妈!妈妈!

   Sam: it's ok, it's ok. I'm here.

  萨姆:别怕,别怕,我在这里。

   Jonah: dad!

  乔纳:爸爸!

   Sam: i'm coming. It's all right. Ok! Ok! It's ok. It's all right, it's ok. What was that about, huh?

  萨姆:我来了。没事。好了,好了。好了,没事了,好了。梦见了什么?

   Jonah: it was sinking.

  乔纳:在往下沉。

  萨姆:什么沉了?

   Jonah: our house. There was water coming in all the windows.

  乔纳:我们的房子。水从所有的窗户涌进来。

   Sam: oh, well, it's ok now. It's all right. So what should we do? Your mother used to sing to you when you had bad dreams.

  萨姆:噢,现在没事了。好了。那么我们该做些什么?你做恶梦时你妈总是唱歌给你听。

   Jonah: "bye bye blackbird."

  乔纳:《再见,黑鸟》。

   Sam: yeah.

  萨姆:对。

  乔纳:我想念她。你知道人死后会怎么样?

   Sam: i don't know.

  萨姆:我不知道。

   Jonah: do you believe in heaven?

  乔纳:你相信有天堂吗?

   Sam: i never did...on the whole idea of an ^afterlife. But now, i don't know. See, i have these dreams about your mom and we have long talks - about you, how you're doing. Which she sorta knows, but i tell her anyway. So what is that? It's sort of an afterlife, isn't it?

  萨姆:从不相信……诸如来生。但现在,我不知道。知道吗,我梦见你妈,我们谈了很久,谈你,你的情况,她好像都知道;但我还是把一切都告诉她。那怎么解释?有点像来生,对吧?

   Jonah: i'm starting to forget her.

  乔纳:我开始忘记她了。

  萨姆(抱住乔纳):她会削苹果皮都不断,整个苹果。我爱你,乔纳。

   Jonah: i love you, dad.

  乔纳:我爱你,爸。

   Blackbird all my cares and "'woe feelin low, here i go, i survive. Bye bye blackbird where somebody waits for me sugar sweet, so is she. Bye bye blackbird though i cease to love her i understand about her. Where somebody shines the light, i'm comin on home tonight. I wanna say bye bye blackbird lord have mercy.

  黑鸟,我所有的心事和苦恼, 心事沉沉于是我来到这里,我活着。再见,黑鸟,在某人等我的地方, 甜心;那就是她。再见黑鸟,尽管我不再爱她,我理解她。 在某人点亮灯光的地方,今夜我回家。我想说,再见黑鸟,上帝保信我们。

   (in baltimore, becky is leaving annie's house.)

  (巴尔的摩,贝琪离开安妮的家。)

   Becky: see you tomorrow.

  贝琪:明天见。

  (安妮站在外面;望春夜空的星星,想着今后的命运。同时,在西雅图,萨姆来到屋外的甲板上抬头望向天空。第二天。安妮打电话想得到关于萨姆的更多的资料。她传真给一家侦探社要求得到萨姆的照片和关于他生活的一些细节。)

   Annie (on phone): laurie? Hi, it's annie. Fine, fine, i'm fine. Listen, i'm doing an article on call-in radio shows. Do you know anyone who works for... Someone named dr. Marsha fieldstone? (another call) i'm a writer for the baltimore sun and a friend of laurie johnson's. I'm doing a piece on how people handle bereavement and i understand you had a caller the other night, some guy from seattle...(another call - she gets an answering machine) "this is jonah baldwin. We're not in right now, but you can leave..." (she hangs up, and says to herself) baldwin. This concludes tape 1.

  安妮(打电话):劳莉吗?你好,我是安妮。好,好,我挺好的。听着,我在写一篇电台直播节目的专访。你认识那个人在……那个玛莎·菲尔斯通医生吗?(另外一个电话)我是《巴尔的摩太阳报》的记者,是劳莉约翰逊的朋友。我在写人们如何处理悲愤的专稿。我听说你们前几天的晚上有位听众打电话进来,是西雅图的听众(另外一个电话,她听到的是电话录音)"我是乔纳鲍德温,我们现在不在家;但您可以留下……”(挂断电话,自言自语)鲍德温。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


剧本·西雅图不眠夜 - Chapter four just a little disturbed 第四章 有一点动心