句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景三十四


目 录 上一节 下一节

  你好。我能为你做点什么吗

   Hi. Fill 'er up.

  嗨 把油箱加满。

   I need a full tank.

  我要满满一箱油。

   Check the hood?

  要不要检查一下机件

   No, thanks.

  不用了 谢谢。

  你要去哪

   Pete Waters's farm, near Chesterton. Pete Waters

  的农场 在Chesterton附近。

   I know it well.

  我对它熟得很。

   Pete Waters's lived around here almost as long as I have. Pete Waters

  住在这儿差不多跟我一样久了。

   How long is it going to take for me to get there?

  到那里还需要多久时间

  大约十五分钟吧。

   There's a shortcut--if you know it.

  假如你识路的话 有一条近路可走。

   No, I don't.

  不 我不识路。

   Could you tell me how to use the shortcut?

  你能告诉我怎么走这条近路吗

   Sure. You take the next left turn.

  当然。你在下一个路口左转

  会看到有个停车再开标 。

   Make a right at the stop sign.

  就在停车再开标志那里向右拐。

   Stay on that road, and you'll cross a blue bridge.

  沿著路开下去 你会经过一座蓝色的桥。

   Then you'll see a big old red barn.

  然後你就会看到一座旧的红色大 仓。

   That's the back of Pete Waters's place.

  那就是Pete Waters住处的後面。

  这和Pete寄给我的路线指示完全不同。

   Now, if you take that route, it's probably a lot simpler,

  哦 假如你走这条路的话 可能会简单得多

   but it'll take you ten minutes longer.

  但会多花你十分钟的时间。

   OK. Let me repeat it.

  好吧。让我重复一遍。

   I take the next left turn to the stop sign.

  我在下个路口左转弯 到一个停车再开标志处

  然後右转 经过一座蓝色的桥。

   and then a big red barn.

  然後就是一座大的红色粮仓。

   Can't miss it.

  错不了的。

   How much do I owe you?

  我应付你多少钱

   Well, that'll be eighteen dollars and seventy cents.

  嗯 十八美元七毛。

  清洗不用付费。

   It's on the house.

  这是免费的。

   Well, here's a twenty.

  嗯 这是二十美元。

   Ah. OK. That's a dollar and thirty cents change.

  啊 好啦。这是一美元三毛零钱。

   There we go ... will make twenty. Thanks.

  你看……加起来正好二十美元。谢谢了。

  谢谢。

   And thanks for the directions.

  谢谢你给我指了路。

   This must be Pete's barn.

  这一定是Pete的粮仓了。

   Turn right to the house.

  向右拐就到他的房子了。

   Hi.

  嗨

  嗨 我能帮你吗

   Is this the Pete Waters farm?

  这是Pete Waters的农场吗

   It is.

  正是。

   I'm a friend of Pete's.

  我是Pete的朋友。

   I'm looking for the house.

  我正在找他的房子。

  他的房子就在那边。

   Keep along this road

  沿著这条路

   till you get to the end of the fence.

  到栅栏的尽头。

   You'll see the chicken house.

  你会看到鸡舍。

   His house is on the left.

  他的房子就在左边。

  好的 谢谢你。

   "Have gone to the railroad station.

  “去火车站。

   Back soon with a surprise.

  接一个惊喜即回。

   Make yourself at home.

  勿客气。

   Have a look around. Pete."

  到处看看。Pete”

  还是老样子。

   Always full of surprises.

  总是出人意表。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景三十四