句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景三十六


目 录 上一节 下一节

  早安。

   Good morning. My name is Richard Stewart.

  早安。我叫Richard Stewart。

   I'm here to see Mr. Carlson.

  我来见Carlson先生。

   Please sit down, Mr. Stewart.

  请坐 Stewart先生。

   Mr. Carlson will be with you shortly. Carlson

  先生不久就可以见你。

  谢谢 。

   Excuse me, Mr. Carlson,

  对不起 Carlson先生

   but Richard Stewart is here

  但Richard Stewart正在这儿

   for his ten o'clock appointment with you.

  等著十点钟与你的晤谈。

   OK. Thank you.

  好 谢谢。

  正像我所说 他不久就可以与你会面。

   Thank you.

  谢谢 。

   Yes, Mr. Carlson. Yes, sir.

  是的 Carlson先生。好 先生。

   He's ready for you, Mr. Stewart.

  他可以见你啦 Stewart先生。

   Thank you. In there?

  谢谢 。在那里面吗

  是的 在那里面。祝你好运。

   Come in, come in.

  进来 进来。

   This is a crazy morning. Hello, Richard.

  这是一个忙得头昏的早晨。哈 Richard。

   Hello, Mr. Carlson.

  哈 Carlson先生。

   Sit down, sit down.

  请坐 请坐。

  谢谢您这样快就安排见我。

   I hope you've brought your pictures along.

  我希望你带了你的照片一起来。

   I see that you have. Let's get right to it.

  我看到你带来了。我们就直接谈正事了。

   We need a new coffee-table book,

  我们需要一本可以摆在客厅的书

   and a book of photos about the United States still feels right.

  而一本关於美国的摄影集仍然很有前景。

  好了 让我们来看一看。

   Good. Very good. Family Album, U.S.A.

  不错 很不错。 美国写真集 。

   It's an excellent title.

  这是个绝妙的书名。

   If you had to describe the book in one sentence,

  假如要你用一句话来描述这本书

   how would you do it?

  你怎么说

  嗯 我会把这本书形容一幅……

   a portrait of the United States--

  一幅美国的剪影

   the places, the people--mostly the people.

  美国的一些地方 人民 大部分是人。

   The things they do, the ways they live,

  他们所做的事情 他们的生活方式

   the places they visit, and the landmarks.

  他们所去的地方 以及地标等等。

  一次透过摄影作品的旅行。

   These are wonderful--

  这些好得很

   these photos in your performing arts section.

  你这些表演艺术中心部分的照片。

   Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center.

  卡奈基音乐厅 林肯中心。

   I'm glad you like them.

  我很高兴你喜欢它们。

  我确实喜欢 但是……

   But?

  但是

   There's something missing. You've got a good eye, Richard.

  少了些东西。你有艺术眼光 Richard。

   You're a terrific photographer.

  你是一名出色的摄影师。

   But before I can publish your work,

  但在我出版你的书之前

  我需要跟我的行销部门商量一下

   and you've got to do one more thing.

  而且你还要做一件事。

   What's that, Mr. Carlson?

  什么事 Carlson先生

   In the section on culture,

  在文化这部分

   you've included performing arts centers,

  你拍了表演艺术中心

  但你忽略了街头表演。幽默剧演员啦

   The musicians. The dancers--in the parks and on the streets.

  音乐家啦 在公园或街头跳舞的人啦。

   Richard, if you go out Richard

  假如你去

   and photograph street performances in the city,

  拍摄城市 的街头表演

   you'll have it.

  那你就大功告成了。

  这是个好主意。

   The performing arts centers and the street performances.

  表演艺术中心及街头表演。

   I'll do it.

  我会去办。

   If you do it, I'll publish your work.

  假如你拍好了 我就出版你的作品。

   Are you serious?

  你说真的吗

  我从来没有比现在更认真了。

   When do you think you can return with street performances?

  你觉得何时可以带来街头表演艺术的摄影

   A couple of weeks.

  两、三个星期吧。

   If they're as good as the rest of these pictures, it's a deal.

  假如它们跟这儿其馀的照片一样好的话 我们的交易就成了

   You won't be disappointed, Mr. Carlson. Thanks.

  我不会让你失望的 Carlson先生。谢谢 。

  再见 Richard 祝你好运。两周後见。

   Good-bye, Mr. Carlson. Thanks.

  再见 Carlson先生。谢谢。

   So if you like the street-performance photos,

  这么说 假如你喜欢街头表演的照片

   you'll really publish Family Album, U.S.A.?

  你真的会出版 美国写真集 啦

   When I say something, I mean it.

  我说的一定会兑现。

  去工作吧。再见。

   Good-bye.

  再见。

目 录 上一节 下一节

分享本课给同学:

   

扫扫二维码

手机学英语


句子·走遍美国 - unit 情景三十六